
I feel like we are officially grown up because we bought our very own mattress! We have gotten by over the last 10 years with hand me downs, a bed in a box (yes, the mattress came in the mail in a box and when we opened it up it sort of inflated) and air mattresses. Our very first major purchase after getting a real job and moving to Kentucky was this beauty. It took us months of visiting different stores and trying them out (while our children ran around the store like wild animals) before we decided on this one - a Sterns & Foster something or other. After about 2 days of sleeping on it Nate decided he pretty much hated it. I kept trying to convince him that it was just because it was a new mattress and we needed to give it some time. The return/exchange rules are that you have to sleep on it for 21 days anyways. He kept leaning towards those memory foam types. I was pretty worried that we would get one of those (having never slept on something without springs) and really not like it but be stuck with it. When we tried them in the stores I didn't think they were all that comfortable. But after visiting some more stores and trying out more mattresses (while our children ran around the store like wild animals) we decided we would get a Simmons Comforpedic Loft - it helped that right as we were deciding they had a sale that dropped the price to about half what it was when we first started looking. This is where the title of my post comes in...seriously HEAVEN! The first mattress we bought had a free gift of two fancy memory foam pillows so I feel like I am wrapped in the stuff. I have never slept better! Nate likes it too. :)
Mmmm...I want a new bed...
ReplyDelete