Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jonas Knievel

Jonas did something yesterday that I have to share because I don't want to forget. Every time I think of it it makes me shudder...and then laugh. Liam and Jonas were cleaning their room, which is upstairs. I gave Liam an empty diaper box and told him they could use it for any garbage. I had split the room in  half and told Liam he had to clean one half and Jonas the other because every time they clean their room Liam complains that he does most of the work while Jonas plays around. A few minutes later Liam comes back downstairs because he finished his side of the room. I could hear Jonas playing around with the box at the top of the stairs and before I could figure what he was doing he got into the box and slid down the stairs. About halfway down the box split apart, he tumbled out of it and smacked his head on the railing. Of course there was crying, a small bump on his head and Nate and I asking him what the heck he was thinking! Then I reminded Nate that he tried something similar when he was a kid and he reminded me that yes, he did get in a box and slide down the stairs (actually I think he sealed himself in the box and told his brother to push him down the stairs?) but there wasn't a baby gate at the bottom of it! Clearly Jonas hadn't thought the whole thing through because the baby gate was locked in place at the bottom of the stairs. So I shudder when I think of what could have happened to our little dare devil and then laugh because I can't believe he did that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's crazy! I love that Nate did the same thing!!! Tehe. He's gonna just always be a handful, ay? ;)

    ReplyDelete