Thursday, February 2, 2012
Old School
As in I am getting old and this is the kind of desk I used when I was in school.
I have had my eye on this beauty since I first saw it in one my favorite little antique/craft stores in town. I pretty much walk through a couple of stores in town and decorate my house in my head but this is the first purchase I have made. It was $75 and that seemed a little too high for me but I went in last week and it had been marked down to $60. Nate and I decided it would be a good purchase to encourage Liam to do his homework. When he sits at the kitchen table to do it it will sometimes take him 4 hours. I wish I was exaggerating. We thought if we had a place for him to work that was away from the chaos he might be able to concentrate better. We are thinking of putting it in Adele's room where there are no distractions. The great part is that when I went to buy it today, the booth (the store is broken up into booths from different vendors) was 20% off! So I bought myself a rolling pin too :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's awesome!! I've seen desks at some schools that almost look like that... ;) I love it! I have no idea what stuff like that costs, but I'm glad you feel it was a good deal, and trust that you would have made sure it was. And Adele is too cute at it! I love her wee shoes under it.
ReplyDeleteThat is so fun!! We sat at those desks in elementary school too!! Adele is just precious!! That's a bummer it takes Liam so long for homework. Poor guy! Hope it's been helping!!
ReplyDelete